Can’t read your speedometer without reading glasses? SpeedOdo features the LARGEST easy to read digits possible on your iPhone or iPad. It has a speedometer, odometer (total and trip), course heading, and longitude/latitude location. For safety and simplicity while in (or on) a moving a vehicle, double tap all buttons or swipe left/right with one finger anywhere on the screen. Swipe left to go to the next screen, swipe right to go to the previous screen. If you keep swiping in one direction you eventually get back to the screen where you started. A triple tap with one finger on any screen brings you back to the Menu Screen. A triple tap on the Menu Screen takes you to the previous screen.
I wanted something for my small boat so that I could see the speed, distance and heading easily without reading glasses, in sunlight or at night. All marinas have a “no wake” zone with a 5 mph speed limit. But the speedometer on my boat doesn’t even start until 10 mph (Yep, I have been pulled over by the harbor patrol because of this). There are many GPS based apps, but I wanted something BIGGER and with everything navigation related in one app. I also wanted an app that is safe and simple to use while riding in (or on) a moving vehicle (boat, car, motorcycle, bicycle). I couldn’t find an app that had all these things, so I wrote SpeedOdo!
I mount my iPhone or iPad on my boat dash (and my car dash and my SUP board) in a waterproof case and with the SpeedOdo app I can clearly see the speed, odometer and course heading with just my sunglasses. I don’t have to wear reading glasses when driving or boating anymore! It’s large enough that I can even see it with polarized lenses (iPhone and iPad have polarized screens…)
It can be difficult (and unsafe) in a moving vehicle trying to push tiny buttons or menu areas on a phone or tablet. SpeedOdo takes advantage of the whole screen and uses swipe gestures (one finger) to display other screens with more information (which are also displayed in very large font sizes), and triple tap gestures (one finger, 3 taps) to return to the menu screen . Use it in the car, on the boat, or on a motorcycle – no more reading glasses or straining to read the tiny dashboard speedometer. And forget about the tiny barely legible clock in the status bar – a much larger digital time is displayed in the lower right corner. It is great for hiking, walking, cycling and stand-up paddle boarding too.
– Menu Screen – Displays LARGE buttons to go to all other screens
– Dashboard Screen – Displays LARGE speed, course, and trip distance
– Trip Odometer Screen – Displays the LARGE trip odometer
– Total Odometer Screen – Displays the LARGE total odometer
– Speed Screen – Displays current, average and top speeds
– Location Screen – Displays latitude, longitude and altitude
– Timer Screen – Displays LARGE trip timer
– Clock Screen – Displays the date and a LARGE digital clock with the current time
– Course Screen – Displays the LARGE most recent course (degrees and heading)
– Help Screen – Displays tips for navigation within the app
– Settings Screen – The SpeedOdo section in the Settings App
– Easy to read because of the LARGE font sizes
– Screen navigation is all swipes and taps (the entire screen is one big button!)
– All other buttons require a double tap so you don’t hit them accidentally while you’re moving
– Double tap the Map button on the Location screen to view exactly where you are on a map
– Double tap the Send button on the Location screen to send a text message containing your location to friends and family
– Course shows compass degrees and heading (16 points)
– Double tap the units in the upper left corner to change units: MPH (miles-per-hour), KPH (kilometers-per-hour) and KNOTS (nautical-miles-per-hour)
– User can pre-set total distance odometer to an existing vehicle odometer value
NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Price: $1.99 USD
Released: 2017-06-30 18:29:55
Seller: Michael Hearn
Size: 15.66 MB